Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Home Cooking: Sweet Potato Fries using cold oil cooking method (4 August 2010)


How sweet it is

After cooking and taste testing the McCain Sweet Potato Superfries I wondered how easy (or hard) it would be to just slice up and cook my own sweet potato fries. So in my cooking repertoire I used the newly discovered Cold Oil Cooking Method and gave it a go with some rustically cut sweet potato. It ended up taking about 25-30 minutes I think until the fries were visually browned and cooked enough to my satisfaction. They're probably not the most good looking chips but they ended up having more crispiness than what I could achieve with the packaged chips. Leaving some of the skin on was a bonus because it added some fine layers of crunchiness due to crisping up really well.

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: No nasty oil splattering when cooking with this method, Easy recipe to cook sweet potato chips
CONS: Keep watching and moving the chips from time to time so they don't stick to the bottom of the pot
MUST TRY: Use the cold oil cooking method to avoid deep frying splatters





Deep fried sweet potato fries, Chef Leong :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment