Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, July 29, 2010

AMAZING Potato Soup

The past few weeks we have been getting New Potatoes in our food share. I have only used a potato here and there and my stock just kept growing.

I decided to try to make a healthier Potato soup with out all the Velveeta Cheese and Milk.

I think I did a good job!!!!
Still have a few more little changes I need to do but AMAZING!!!!

The Ingredients:

  • 6 cups diced potatoes
  • 3 stalks celery, diced
  • 3 Leeks, diced
  • 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
  • 1 cup half-and-half cream
  • 6 tablespoons RAW butter, melted
  • 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour (I used 3 TBSP Quinoa flour and 3 TBSP Whole wheat)
  • 4 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

The Directions:

In a large pot, bring potatoes, celery and onion to a boil in 2 cups of broth. Cook until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Drain and reserve liquid.

Combine reserved broth and half-and-half in pot. In a bowl, combine melted butter and flour. Stir into half-and-half mixture over medium heat. Stir until thickened. Stir in reserved vegetables, remaining broth, bouillon and pepper. Heat through and serve.

I topped the soup with Raw cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment