Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, January 30, 2012

Ginger Garlic Chicken

I'm back!!! Thank you for the comments and emails congratulating hubby and I on the arrival of the new baby. We are doing great and really starting to get the hang of three little ones! 

I am going to do my very best to post a few recipes a week (if not more) but please don't get mad if I forget! I do have a 17 day old!!! Hubby and I are back to eating Paleo strictly. New baby doesn't like dairy and our 2 year olds belly cant handle dairy. I will write more on that later! 

I made this awesome crockpot chicken last week and must share it. It can be done in the oven but since I had my hands busy I put it in the crockpot around noon and just let it cook for the afternoon! I also thinking a chicken fryer would be awesome but all I had were breasts!

 The Ingredients:
chicken (I used 3 boneless breast)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP ground ginger (fresh would have been great but didn't have any)
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1/4 cup Coconut Aminos (Braggs Aminos or soy sauce)
Handful of cilantro (chopped)
Pepper
Garlic Powder

The Directions:
Place chicken in baggie and add all the other ingredients. Mix around and cover chicken. If you are doing a fryer chicken, you will need more of the liquid ingredients. Let the chicken marinate for an hour or more. Add chicken to crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours. If baking chicken cook at 425 degrees and time will vary. Breasts cook for 20-25 minutes or a fryer for 45 minutes-1 hour. I am cooking the chicken in the oven this week and will let you know for sure!

We served our garlic ginger chicken with saute broccoli slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment