Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

McDonald's: Double Cheeseburger for $2, Randwick (10 Jan 2012)

Shop 20, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre
73 Belmore Road, Randwick NSW 2031


Extra cheese to please

“We asked for 1,000 likes and you gave us over 9,000! What are we gonna do? Add an extra slice of cheese and bring back the $2 Double Cheeseburger! Available between 12pm – 1pm, from 28 December … http://www.facebook.com/McDonaldsAU/posts/295669047142702

A late night tv ad brainwashes me to want to try the Double Cheeseburger for only $2 between 12 til 1 pm the next day. Unfortunately I generally don't like eating hamburgers without a side of fries as well bringing my total guilt factor to 68% of my daily fat intake combined with 71% of my daily sodium intake. My Double Cheeseburger ($2) arrives with a messy ketchup mishap but I guess that's to be expected if the order has been rushed. The bun wasn't as soft as expected so I'm thinking it might not have been as fresh as I've had before. McDonald's Fries ($2.90, large) are generally a pleaser and thankfully these were pretty good. The McDonald's in Randwick has food court seating available and is kept fairly clean and the staff seemed pretty on the ball in terms of fast service. My favourite McDonald's burger is probably the Big Mac with its addictive special sauce although I'm also a fan of the elusive McFeast which seems to have John Farnham come backs from time to time but I still think a slice of beetroot would make it even better.

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Cheap, Predictable, Available everywhere
CONS: Not particularly healthy, It'll never look like the menu image
MUST TRY: Getting McDonald's to put Battered Fish & Chips on the menu for beach side stores like Coogee Beach

Double Cheeseburger ($2, available between 12-1 pm promo)

Some misplaced messy ketchup

This is how the Double Cheeseburger is advertised. Apart from probably being impossible to actually look like this, have you noticed the extra pickle in the burger?

The notorious pickle — although I do like them

Double cheese and meat patties

Double Cheeseburger + Large Fries = 68% of my daily fat and 71% of my sodium = healthy salad tomorrow

I didn't realise there was a Triple Cheeseburger


Large Fries ($2.90) — Did you know it contains no sugar?


View Larger Map
McDonald's - Randwick on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment