Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet Potato with Spinach and peas

This is one of my favorite recipes for baby food. It is FULL of flavor. I have even taken a few bites!!!
This recipe is made entirely from vegetables from our CSA food share!

You can buy fresh or frozen. Frozen is a great option because the vegetables are frozen within hours of being picked.

Sweet Potato with Spinach and Peas

The Ingredients:
1 TBSP RAW Butter
1 small onion chopped
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
About 1 bag (1 cup) of Peas
1 bag of frozen spinach

My measurements are guesses since I used vegetables I froze from our food share!

The Directions:
Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened, the add the sweet potato. Pour in 1 cup of water (maybe more), bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes. Add the peas and spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Puree the vegetables in a blender or processor to make a smooth consistency for your baby, adding a little of the cooking liquid if necessary.

I put my baby food in old baby food jars. The jars freeze well and I find that I have less freezer burn with the jars than the cubes.

This recipe made about 12 jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment