Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, September 27, 2010

Thai-spiced Squash soup

In our food share, the past few weeks, we have received a butternut squash, an acorn squash and a winter squash. The first week we received the winter squash. The second week the butternut and this past week the Acorn.

I knew I was either going to make a soup or baby food with the squash. I was reminded that I just spent an entire night making baby food and that I should enjoy the squash myself! Although the baby could eat this - with out the Thai spice. Thank you, friend!!! This soup was delicious!!!!


Look how beautiful. I tried to grow Butternut squash in my garden this year but I had an attack of a little bunny foo foo! :)

I love Acorn Squash too!!! Nothing like an acorn squash Roasted with Raw butter... mmm! Delicious!



This is a first! I am not going to lie.... I didn't even know what it was! We learn something new everyday! :)
This soup was delicious! I love roasting vegetables! I love just putting them in the oven - enjoying the smell as the RAW butter roasts away, mixed with the scent of squash/pumpkin.

The Ingredients:
3 acorn squash, pumpkin, butternut or other winter squash
3 TBSP RAW butter
14 oz RAW milk (The recipe called for coconut milk - but I didn't have any on hand.)
3 tsp red Thai curry paste
sea salt

The Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the oven racks in the middle.
Carefully cut each squash/pumpkin into halves (or quarters). Slather each piece of squash with butter, sprinkle generously with salt, place on a baking sheet skin sides down, and place in the oven. Roast for about an hour or until the squash is tender throughout.
When the pumpkin/squash are cool enough to handle scoop it into a large pot over medium high heat. Add the coconut milk and curry paste and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and puree with a hand blender, you should have a very thick base at this point. Now add water a cup at a time pureeing between additions until the soup is the consistency you prefer - a light vegetable stock would work here as well. Bring up to a simmer again and add the salt (and more curry paste if you like, I used just shy of 6 teaspoons but the curry paste I use is not over-the-top spicy).
(I added 1 vegetable bouillon cube. )

No comments:

Post a Comment