Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sweet Potato and Spinach

Last night was a little difficult. I had very limited (available - no thawing) choices. I also did not have a car to make a quick store run. Here is what I came up with... 


*** With a little more cheese this dish will be GREAT!!!! *** 




The Ingredients:
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (I used frozen Spinach from our food share)
1/4 cup quinoa flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheese


The Directions:
Place sweet potatoes in a steamer and steam of 8 - 10 minutes or until tender.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
Drain sweet potatoes. Spread half of the spinach mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the potatoes and cheese. Repeat layers.



Cover and bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.


**I did not have 2 cups of cheese. I used what I had - which wasn't much. Also regular milk will be fine. I used coconut because we were out of everything else. 


Sweet Potato

No comments:

Post a Comment