Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Almond Biscuit

WHOOPS --- I missed my Monday Morning Mix-up. SPACED it TOTALLY!!!! :) 


I have been cooking one or two new meals a week. I have gone back through some older recipes that contain dairy, legumes or grains and I am trying to re-create them. I am hoping that I will soon master the meal makeover and hope to post pre and post pictures. For those of you who have not been following long will notice that I do have recipes that contain dairy, legumes and grains. We have consumed all 3 and you can look back at the beginning of this blog and find such recipes. 


OLD NEWS -
Last August was had some testing down with said that I was Gluten Intolerant and Dairy Sensitive. I could not get on board. Like many - GLUTEN free seemed impossible. I looked at some recipes and was OVERWHELMED. 


I was not in the right mind frame. 


In October, I started to experience pain. My body was sore and very sensitive. After our trip over Thanksgiving, Hubby and I started to re-evaluate our diet and decided that we need to get strict and see if I saw improvement. We still do eat grains, very little. It would be safe to say that we are 75% - 90% of the time we eat dairy, grain and legume free. 


When you have the right mind set, the right tools and the right sources - ANYTHING is possible! I have several great blogs that I follow and am HUGE fans of. I read articles and am continuing to educate myself in living such a lifestyle. 


You would be surprised to know that without trying hubby and I have thinned out. For me, I would not say I have lost weight but inches. I was not trying to lose anything. I would like to tone up. I do get in a 30 minute DVD workout in twice a week. I sometimes make it to the gym once and if I am lucky twice a week. I am not working out as much as I would like. I am a busy mom who forgets to exercise but I do chase after my kids and I am moving ALL day. I do not like working out at night because it is hard for me to fall asleep on a normal night and when I work out at night it is IMPOSSIBLE to fall asleep. 


I am really looking forward to the nicer weather. I love strapping the kids in the stroller and walking and running. I plan on taking them out every night for a walk and hope to soon be running! :) So hurry up warm, consistent weather! I am waiting!!! 


One thing that I have really enjoyed about cutting out dairy, grains and legumes from our diet is that I have have found replacements - COLORFUL replacements! :) I have said it before but I love how colorful our dinner plate is. Yes - there are still nights where we have cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash but we also have spaghetti with spaghetti squash or with zucchini! :) 
Roast beef, acorn squash mash and brussels (new recipe)

I have even made my boys a biscuit with Almond Flour/ Coconut Flour.
and they were a hit... 

Almond Biscuit

The Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Almond Flour ( I used 2 cups Almond 1/2 coconut)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 eggs
1 TBSP Raw Honey

The Directions: 
In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
In a large bowl, blend together buttery spread, eggs and agave
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until a nice dough forms
Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 1 1/2 inches thick
Dust dough with extra almond flour if it is sticky and/or misbehaving
Cut the dough into biscuits using a mason jar with a 3-inch wide mouth
Using a spatula, transfer biscuits to a parchment lined baking sheet
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, until biscuits are browned on the bottom edges

No comments:

Post a Comment