Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Home Cooking: Fish Fingers San Choy Bow (25 Feb 2012)


Spontaneously creating a meal

I used to love watching the show Surprise Chef where Chef Aristos Papandroulakis went into peoples kitchens and challenged himself to cook a meal only using ingredients from their pantry, fridge or groceries they'd just bought. Quite often I find myself trying to do the same thing at home when I haven't had a chance to go shopping and need to feed myself with something besides toast, a banana or a can of tuna if I'm lucky enough to have one in the pantry. With dinner approaching fast with a growling stomach it was time to put my Aristos thinking cap on. I had left over Fish Fingers from the week so that was a great start. I found some iceberg lettuce, eggs and left over frozen peas. With a bit of mayo and some Maldon Smoked Sea Salt and Pimentón seasoning it was looking like Fish Fingers San Choy Bow was a possibility. In the end it tasted pretty decent. Perhaps a little bit too eggy so I should have maybe thrown a bit of chopped chives from the balcony garden in to smooth it over a little. I wonder if anyone else has created this dish before or is it a world first?

Recipe:
5 fish fingers
3 iceberg lettuce leaves
2 eggs hard boiled
1 cup of frozen peas
2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
Salt and paprika to taste

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Simple, cheap, tastes OK
CONS: Possibly not the most nutritious meal on the planet but it does contain greens and protein
MUST TRY: Thinking of another simple dish using the rest of the peas and lettuce

Birds Eye fish fingers — I loved these as a kid

Hard boil the eggs

Wash a few lettuce leaves and break into smaller pieces

McCain frozen baby peas — be sure not to over cook them

Praise mayonnaise

Dulce Pimenton and Maldon Smoked Sea Salt


Mix the peas, egg and mayonnaise together. I should have crushed up the egg first and then combined so the peas don't get squashed too much.

Spoon egg and peas on lettuce and place a few cut up pieces of fish fingers on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment