Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sumo Salad: Pete Evans adds his new salad menu, Broadway (4 Feb 2012)

Shop 8B, The Broadway Shopping Centre
1-21 Bay Street, Broadway NSW 2007

Plenty of different salad choices

While visiting The Broadway Shopping Centre food court I was after something healthy for lunch and spotted Sumo Salad which I thought would be a good option. While perusing the counter display I noticed two Pete Evans salads available. Just when I thought celebrity chefs had learnt about putting their names to franchised eateries like Darren Simpson's Chilli Relish & Cheddar Chicken Burger. With My Kitchen Rules in full swing I thought why not give it a try. At first I quite liked the flavour burst of the capers in the Pete Evans Tuna & Green Pea Pasta with Lemon Chilli Dressing but after a while I found the salad overly citrus in taste. I also found a large piece of lemon with rind still intact which seemed a bit strange. His other Miso Infused Chicken with Brown Rice and Quinoa was quite nice and was filled with lots of ingredients that I generally don't get to eat very often. It tasted quite healthy. I also tried the normal Thai Chicken Noodle with Oriental Dressing which was actually my favourite of the day. The Lentil & Tabbouleh with zest lemon dressing was also pretty good and filled with healthy tasting ingredients.

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Fresh tasting and includes lots of different ingredients, Energy information provided for each salad, Seems reasonably priced for the interesting salad choices available which are quite tasty
CONS: I don't think Pete personally makes the salads himself
MUST TRY: Other salads as a healthy alternative for lunch during the week

Pete Evan's New Salad - Tuna & Green Pea Pasta with Lemon Chilli Dressing, Pete Evans' New Salad - Miso Infused Chicken with Brown Rice and Quinoa ($8.95 medium)

Not sure if the salad was supposed to have a large piece of lemon with rind in it?

Thai Chicken Noodle with Oriental Dressing, Lentil & Tabbouleh with zest lemon dressing ($8.95 medium)

Pete Evan's New Salad - Tuna & Green Pea Pasta with Lemon Chilli Dressing

Pete Evans' New Salad - Miso Infused Chicken with Brown Rice and Quinoa

Lentil & Tabbouleh with zest lemon dressing

Thai Chicken Noodle with Oriental Dressing
WORTH TRYING :-)

Small $5.95, Medium $8.95, Large $10.95

Menu

Pete Evans says 'Say No to fried food & lardy lunches!'



Menu flyer


View Larger Map
Sumo Salad @ the Broadway Shopping Centre on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment