Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, October 25, 2010

Oven Omelet with Sweet Potato Crust

Weekends are not always good food days. We are extra busy - running around - doing fun activities - running errands. Meals are always put off till the very end. I plan all week and have a plan and weekends - NOT SO MUCH! I am getting better. 

Yesterday, was no different. I was out most of the afternoon and lost track of time. I had forgot to take out meat to thaw and I was not in the mood for fish. 

Sometime in the past few weeks I came across an oven omelet recipe and it looked great! When it came time to find it - I couldn't! so it was time to improvise and go off memory! 

Here is what I could remember: It had sweet potato crust. There was eggs. There were vegetables.

Here is what I came up with!

The Ingredients:
1 sweet potato, sliced (I left the peel on mine)

6 whisked eggs, farm fresh
1/2 finely chopped sauteed onion
1 finely chopped sauteed red pepper
2 cloves minced sauteed garlic
2 cups lightly steamed, thinly sliced broccoli
1/2 cup sliced Applegate Farms, Chicken & Red pepper, Breakfast Sausage (1 link)
1/2 cup Raw Cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes

The Directions:
Slice the sweet potato and arrange in the pie pan. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and pour over sweet potatoes. Top with raw cheese. 

Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.


** Baby enjoyed the eggs and sweet potato! ** This was quick and easy and was a hit! We ate the whole thing. 

PART OF A BREAKFAST RECIPE CARNIVAL

Sweet Potato

No comments:

Post a Comment