Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Southwestern Chicken Soup with Black Beans

Once again, the fall weather has left. It has been in the 80's the past few days and it is October. I cannot believe it... This is Crazy!!!! :)

Hoping to inspire FALL to return, I made a delicious Southwestern Chicken Soup! This was so delicious --- I forgot to take a picture! Whooops! I will take a picture today when I make lunch!

The Ingredients:
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 sweet Yellow Onion
4 cloves Garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
7-8 cups chicken broth (I used homemade!)
1 15 oz can of Black Beans (I used 2 cups homemade Black Beans - cooked with Onions)
1 15 oz can of diced Tomatoes
1 chicken fryer
Sea Salt and Pepper
Corn Tortilla strips

The Directions:
In a crockpot add the chicken fryer, chicken broth, can of diced tomatoes, onion and seasonings. Cook on low for 8 hours. At hour 8 take out chicken and let cook then debone. Put chicken back to the crockpot and add black beans. (Corn would add a little sweet! I didn't have any on hand). Cook in crockpot until everything is hot again. Season with Sea Salt and Pepper.



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take a few corn tortillas and spray them with olive oil cooking spray on both side. Cut into small strips and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Bake until golden brown on both sides, about 5-7 minutes.

Top with Cilantro and cheese. I didn't add either to ours but would be delicious!!!!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment