Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Whole Grain Soaked Tortillas

Even though I have decided to be more serious with my Gluten Free diet (again!) I could not waste the this dough I soaked. After all, why can't my boys enjoy them! I have good self control!



Plus, I was curios on how this Whole Grain Soaked Tortillas would taste.

They were good. I only had about a quarter size piece.

Next time, I will not add the salt or the Baking Powder.





The Ingredients:
3 cups whole wheat or kamut flour
1 cup warm filtered water
1 Tbsp acid medium (kefir, whey, buttermilk, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice)
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
The Directions:
Combine flour, water, melted coconut oil or butter and 1 Tbsp of acid medium. Cover and soak at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
After soaking, add baking powder and salt to soaked flour mixture, kneading in the flour until the dough is workable but not too stiff.
Shape into 8 – 10 balls and let stand 10 more minutes. Roll to form a 10 inch circle or use a tortilla press. Bake on a lightly greased griddle till done (not browned). Toast for about 20-30 sec. per side.
Yield: 8-10 tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment