Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Beef Stew


The wonderful people at Artisana sent me an amazing care package of goodies to try!

As you know, I love nut butters!!!
I am really excited about this care package because I have never tried some of these flavors before and they sound AMAZING!  I will let you know what I think about each flavor when I open them.


FLAVORS - Walnut Butter, Cashew Butter, Cashini Butter, Tahini Butter, Cocoa Bliss, Pecan Butter, Macadamia Butter, Coconut Butter and Coconut Oil.


So far - I have LOVED the Cocoa Bliss - I have a couple of recipes that I use Cocoa Bliss. I used it on oatmeal and in quinoa and even baking! Remember my 3-Layer Banana Split Cupcakes??? (not anymore -- we are eating Paleo) The Artisana Coconut butter is delicious! I like it more than the coconut butter I made. Only because mine never because totally creamy!


I hear Cashini is suppose to replace PB in PB&J... Joshua I am sure will love it! He is already all about Almond Butter! :)


More reviews and recipes to come with this yummy yummy stuff!


NOW ---- Here is an AMAZING Beef Stew recipe. I mean --- aaaaahhhhh---mazing!
The meat was melt in your mouth good. Tender and amazing. Have I said it was amazing, yet?


I didn't think so... AMAZING


This makes a lot. That was our plan. I wanted to have leftovers for lunch and maybe 2!


The Ingredients:
3 lbs grass fed stew beef
2 cans diced tomatoes (I would prefer to use my own canned tomatoes)
1 whole bunch of celery, diced
10 carrots, sliced
4 - 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
3 parsnips, sliced
1 TBSP Cumin
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
4 cups of beef broth (homemade or 3 bouillon cubes with 4 cups of water)
Water
1 - 3 tsp pepper


The Directions:
In a soup pot, steer the beef while cutting the vegetables. Add all the vegetables and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Turn down to medium heat and cook for a couple of hours.


The meat will melt in your mouth!!!!


Part of Real Food WednesdayPennywise Platter, and Fight Back Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment