Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chili and Cauliflower

Thank you for the support! I have been enjoying your comments and emails! You, my readers are so kind!!! Thank you for your support! :)

Like I said yesterday, hubby was out of town this past weekend and out the door was my diet. I ate grains and I had dairy and my elbows broke out and my body ached and I got sick. It is hard cutting out such BIG ingredients. Pasta dinners are quick and easy and you can make them colorful with vegetables. Casseroles are delicious and easy, too! I am still learning and I am still making mistakes. 

GOOD THING I AM 

Back on track! 
 Lunch - tuna, celery and avocado, olive oil and pepper on top of lettuce

I am learning to have my meals planned out for the week and on the calendar. I am learning to stick with my plan. I like just looking in my fridge and creating. My fridge is stocked, again and I am ready to go! 

READ SET GO --- Another Chili recipe with 3/4 vegetables 1/4 meat!!!!

 Yes - I have made another chili --- NO ALMOND BUTTER this time!!! :)

The Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef or venison or bison or turkey
1 cup chopped carrots
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 large cauliflower, cut into smaller pieces
2 tomatoes, diced
1 small can of tomatoes
1 TBSP chili powder (you may want a little more or even a little less)
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp garlic powder
ground pepper
1 tsp cumin
4 cups homemade chicken broth (store bought is fine)

The Directions:
In soup pan brown ground beef with onions. Drain grease and add meat back to the pan. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and let boil for 10 minutes. Vegetables should be tender and ready to serve!!!!

Part of Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday @ Beauty and bedlam, Tasty Tuesday @ Gnowfglins, Tasty Tuesday @ Dr. Laura,  

No comments:

Post a Comment