Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Friday, January 21, 2011

Nut Granola Bars

I mastered the Zucchini Spaghetti this week! If you remember, in this post, I made slices of zucchini. It was good but this time I used my mandolin and julienne cut the zucchini... 

DELICIOUS!
I added 1 cup of diced tomatoes to the sauce. 

Want some better news??? 
I made granola bars for my boys... no oatmeal and no corn syrup 

Don't those look wonderful?

The Ingredients:
1 cup Almonds
1 cup Pecan
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup cranberries
1 TBSP coconut flakes (I would have used more but I only had a TBSP)
1/2 cup raw honey (1/4 cup honey 1/4 cup molasses) I might only do a total 1/4 cup next time
1/4 cup Coconut Oil

The Directions:
Add Almonds and Pecans into the food processor and rough chop. Pour them into a bowl and add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries and coconut flakes.

In a sauce pan add raw honey, almond butter and coconut oil. Once it is smooth and creamy add the nuts. 

Pour mixture into a 8x8 (with parchment) pan and spread evenly. Put in freezer for 2 hours to chill and set. 

ENJOY!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment