Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Clinatro, Lime and Salsa Chicken

I just love when a dish falls together PERFECTLY! 

Dinner was not planned... I forgot about dinner until about 4 and then panic mood set in. Thankfully, we have things prepared in our fridge that allow such nights to happen. 

Normally with salsa (mexican-style) chicken the preferred side for our house would be rice or quinoa. Sticking to my plan I whipped up some garlic cauliflower mash, sauted spinach topped with Salsa Chicken.

The Chicken:
I had a bag of frozen chicken from TJ's that is hormone free, nitrate free and pastured. I threw 2 pieces of chicken in a baggie and started to let it thaw in a pool of water. When the meat was 1/2 thawed I added juice from a whole lime, rough chopped cilantro, 4 cloves of garlic and a cup of salsa. Mixed and massaged into the chicken. I let the chicken thaw the remaining 1/2 soaking in the yummy mixture.

The Cauliflower:
Frozen this time. I set out the cauliflower in the same pool of water. As soon as it was 1/2 thawed I dumped the cauliflower into my steamer and steamed until tender. I then dumped the cauliflower into the Vitamix ( :) )! Added 2 TBSP of Coconut Milk, 1 clove of garlic and let the cauliflower mix until smooth and silky.

** Please note -- the garlic cauliflower mash was a great idea but I think that my Vitamix liquefied the garlic and it was too strong. I liked it but my 3 year old was not a fan. Maybe I was just boosting our immune systems!
Maybe add the garlic during the steaming stage and take out when mashing.

The Spinach:
1 TBSP of coconut Oil and loads of spinach. Let the spinach wilt down.

No comments:

Post a Comment