Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend eats!

Hubby was away in California for a weekend full of seminars. 

Do you remember reading my struggles from the last time he left for seminars? Read here if you missed it. It is a struggle for me to stick with the plan when it is just the boys and I. Baby doesn't eat "much" and 3 year old is growing and meals are often hits but sometimes a miss. 

This time I was prepared. I had a plan and a plan to eat well! 

Spaghetti and Meatballs (1/2 pkg of ground beef)

Meatloaf (used the remained ground beef)

I was prepared which led to a great weekend of eating! Thankfully, I was prepared because Baby came down with a fever, which led to lots of rocking and loving and NO KITCHEN TIME!

Look forward to a post on what we do when the kids start to express wellness. It will be a post that you wont want to miss!!!!

I made a delicious spaghetti and meatballs this weekend. The noodles of course being Spaghetti Squash, which I have mastered a new way of making them.
Doesn't that look good!?!?

Spaghetti and Meatballs

The Ingredients:
1 Spaghetti Squash (I have left overs and already have big plans for them!)
1/2 lb - 1 lb of ground beef (I used 1/2 because I was alone and knew the rest would go to waste)
1 jar tomato sauce
1/2 - 1 cup Almond Meal
2 eggs
Basil
Garlic Powder

The Directions:
Preheat the over to 400 degrees. Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half and scoop out the seeds. In the center of both halves, I added 1 - 2 tsp of coconut oil. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and let the squash cook for 45 minutes - 1 hour. All depending on the size of the squash. Mine took 1 hour. 

*Please note - I take my squash out at 30 minutes and swoosh around the coconut oil. Making sure all sides still have some oil on them!

Meatballs:
Simple and Sweet! 
Mix ground beef, eggs and seasoniongs. Roll the meat into balls. 
In frying pan, sear all the sides. Depending on the amount of time you have, I cooked the meatballs in my crockpot for 2 hours. 

If you have the time cook on low for 2 hours. Add sauce and meatballs and seasonings!

If you are in a hurry cook on stove top on high. Sauce, meatballs and seasonings!!!

I enjoyed my spaghetti and meatballs with a side of Brussels!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment